Youth in action: IDEO ages 16 -17
Within the Stratégie d'action jeunesse 2006-2009 action plan, the government proposed to focus more on the youth between the ages of 16 and 24, particularly those who are under-educated or who are without a diploma and who have difficulty obtaining a job. It is because of this that the Chantier Alternative Jeunesse was created which includes a measure for youth aged 18 - 24 and for the 16 - 17 year olds.
The measure for the 16 -17 year olds focuses on giving the youth the necessary tools and accompanying them in their social and professional integration as well as their academic path by offering them workshops focusing on several themes such as : self-awareness, job market exploration, presentations on various academic programs, academic preparation, personal planning, etc.
- Youth who have abandoned school and are without a diploma;
- Youth who are in a precarious situation (without a job, without allocation);
- Youth who are living with particular problems (substance abuse, behavioral problems, weak academic skills, low self-esteem, separation of parents, social isolation, etc.
- Integrate youth who have dropped-out of school
- Prevent the youth from relying on social assistance
- Guide the youth to return to school
- Refer youth to other necessary resources
- Help youth find a job
For more information, do not hesitate to call Marjorie or René at (418) 368-2121.